Ferrovial is one of the world’s leading developers of transport infrastructure. Ferrovial Airports integrates all airport management activities and is one of the world’s leading private airport operators. Part of the aviation industry since 1998, the company has more than 20 years of experience in investing, developing and operating 34 airports around the world. Ferrovial Airports offers an in-depth understanding of the industry and a solid track record of building strong relationships with partners and stakeholders.
Ferrovial operates a portfolio of four airports in the United Kingdom: Heathrow, Glasgow, Aberdeen and Southampton Airports.
Ferrovial Airports is also exploring the opportunity to develop a transportation network of eVTOL taxis in different sites around the world. Vertiports are a key component in realizing the enormous potential of innovations in eVTOL aviation, providing the required infrastructure for passenger and cargo services.
The job holder will be responsible for designing, developing, and implementing the communication and community outreach strategy programs to position Ferrovial Airports & Ferrovial Vertiports as an investor and operator of sustainable airport infrastructure. The role reports to the International Asset Management, People & Communication Director.
• Leads on the social impact agenda across the business. Partnering closely with a range of business functions, including, Communications, Sustainability and Health & Safety leads, builds the case for sustainable investments in all business development opportunities.
• Collects information on existing programs and initiatives, ensuring the strategies from our airport’s portfolios are known and shared in Ferrovial, and investment projects mirror applicable initiatives.
• Create a strategic framework to support the maintenance and expansion of these initiatives as we continue to expand to new markets.
• Develops the strategy, campaign, narrative and case studies, defines budget with functional leads and ensures knowledge transfer.
• Manage projects from design to launch, liaising with multiple internal business functions across the company, including legal & compliance sign off.
• Lead Due Diligence process, compliance requirements and other required civil rights & quota mandates on all projects and investment opportunities.
• Organize and facilitate public meetings, community education presentations, schools, civic and/or business groups, town halls, forums, etc., to increase the public’s and key stakeholders’ knowledge about Ferrovial and projects we undertake. Creates content for press releases, byline articles, brochures and community presentations.
• Leverage and deepen our collaboration with portfolio airports, identify projects and initiatives applicable to Grupo Ferrovial and vice-versa.
• Take primary responsibility for narrative maintenance on internal & external communications, website and other channels.
• Working closely with the leadership team, particularly with the CEO, Corporate Development, Asset Management, Business Plan, and Vertiports to design the functional communication strategy, narrative and outreach opportunities to position Ferrovial Airports’ brand internally and externally.
• Define with functional managers strategy and map out a year-long communication calendar.
• Coordinate activity with the Group’s Corporate Communication team and manage external agencies to support communication efforts.
• Lead all internal communications channels, including annual events, strategy meetings, Ferronet, newsletters and social media employee branding.
• Write and create talking points, articles, media pieces, blogs, newsletters, general communication and correspondence pieces for internal and external needs (including positioning the CEO, executive committee members).
• Manage all aspects of approved Trade Show events, including booth setup and staffing, collateral and giveaways, advertising, sponsorships, etc.
• Coordinate trade magazine editors for placement of company/project communication and social impact initiatives.
• Implement and manage an editorial calendar for social media content and plan specific, timely marketing campaigns on a regular publishing schedule(e.g., original text, photos, videos, and news).
• Coordinate with Grupo the Ferrovial Airports and Ferrovial Vertiport website to ensure information is accurate and provide updates include news releases to the Ferrovial website
• Lead Ferrovial annual report from the communication and social impact front (including sustainability)
• Assist department heads with presentations relative to external audiences as approved by the CEO or functional directors to ensure brand consistency and messaging.
• Lead the Diversity and Inclusion strategy, working with Airports, Corporate team and portfolio airports.
• Drives an effective culture shift through developing key relationships across the multi-site organization and influencing at all levels.
• Track and communicate activities to internal and external stakeholders, including monthly progress updates on KPIs and budget follow-up to the Senior Leadership Team.
Habilidades y experiencia
• Experience in Corporate Sustainability efforts, trends, reporting and programs that impact both corporate reputation and community.
• Understanding of sustainability, wellbeing, supply chain, environmental, economic community and D&I agendas in international environments.
• Prior experience of social impact assessment and measurement.
• Good knowledge and a genuine passion for how business can be a force for good in society.
• Prior experience of working with charities or social businesses.
• Project management.
• Used to working within structured methodologies, adept at seeing the bigger picture utilizing knowledge gained from communities to define and design local priorities and deliver and evaluate social development projects and targets.
• Strong communication abilities, including presentation, verbal, and written skills.
• A passion for creating something better and evoking change.
• Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced, rapid-growth environment.
• Possesses a high level of critical thinking.
• Strong relationship building skills.
• Strong organizational and planning skills.
• Ability to influence and engage others to ensure cross-functional delivery happens.
• Ability to use Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint.
• A desire & willingness to take on new challenges & learn new skills.
• Join one of the principal groups in infrastructure management worldwide.
• The opportunity for development in Ferrovial Airports and in the Ferrovial group.
• Collaborate on important and innovative projects in an international environment.