Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That’s why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
Amey Consulting are rapidly expanding and looking to recruit a Quality Manager to work at our Design Hub in Sheffield, supporting our ongoing and increasing workload for both public and private sector clients on a wide variety of development and Highway schemes. This is a specific role required by our client in order to satisfy reporting requirements and is a role with travel to other offices.
This role will offer the opportunity for the right candidate to innovate and use the latest technology to develop themselves and the projects they work on. We are continuously working hard to collaborate with clients and sub-contracts to ensure we are successful in the objective of improving the world we live in.
What will this role involve?
In a typical week, you will:
Manage, develop and coordinate the systems required by the quality improvement team that enables them to monitor the quality performance of the business, accounts, commissions and projects. The Quality Manager is responsible for ensuring the continual provision of process, procedures, and systems to support the business’ quality performance.
In addition to typical Quality management duties you will also:
• Maintain and improve a quality management culture within the business and project teams
• Develop the application and monitoring the effectiveness of quality plans, and implementing and managing audit
processes that identify continual improvement opportunities
• Be the point of contact and oversee audits, both internal and external
• Manage a team that monitor and develop a culture of engagement in the reporting mechanisms that lead to a team
approach in continually improving the quality of the business
• Be the point of contact in all quality related issues with client, stakeholders, team members, and the supply chain.
• Monitoring the effectiveness of the quality systems and their reporting schedules
• Quality plan maintenance and updates
• Be the key driver and focus for non-conformance and action request processes to drive continual improvement
• Develop strategic direction of the quality team
• Personal development of quality team members
• Quality commitments, objectives and targets are being achieved
What are we looking for?
We want to hear from you if you:
• Recognised quality management qualification and/or experience essential
• Degree level or equivalent desirable
• Business management training desirable
• IOSH Managing Safely desirable
• Demonstratable knowledge of quality and performance reporting systems
• Good computer literacy skills including word processing, spreadsheets, and email
• Experienced in quality management, data collection, performance monitoring,
performance improvement techniques, process improvement and continual
• Able to work under own initiative and drive performance improvements through a
• Good interpersonal skills and able to communicate with people at all levels
• Have good personal and management skills
• Be able to lead strategic initiatives to enhance performance
What makes this role unique?
At Amey Consulting you have a unique opportunity to bring truly ground-breaking work to life by working alongside market-leading consultants in a practical infrastructure environment.
You will be surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges, who also care about your job satisfaction and well-being.
You’ll be stretched but always supported to bring out the better in you and to create better places for everyone.
We believe that we are what we do.
It’s more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we’re proud to be the better