We are looking for Pollutions and Flooding’s Supervisor / Site Supervisor to work on our Severn Trent Sewerage account.
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That’s why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme.
In addition, you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
An exciting opportunity to join the Amey team managing the Severn Trent waste water network as the Pollutions and Flooding’s Supervisor.
What is the purpose of this role?
To assist the Project Manager in delivering full compliance with contract specification with clear focus on the pollution and flooding incidents, ensure that all operations are carried out on time, to specification and to Health and Safety standards and current best practice.
What will this role involve?
• Remote ownership of works programmes.
• Offering technical support where required.
• Ensuring work is carried out to specification.
• Working closely with our client Severn Trent Water.
• Ensuring Amey policies and procedures are followed.
• Working closely with our supply chain teams and supervisors.
• You will be required to participate in a Call Out rota.
• Attend weekly flooding meetings with the client
It is anticipated this role will prominently be officed based managing the compliance to contract, this involves the reviewing of cctv footage and feedback provided from site to ensure contract compliance, this will require coaching / upskilling sessions with the operatives
What are we looking for?
• NRSWA supervisor
• Emergency first aid
• A responsible attitude
• Ability to work in a fast-paced reactive environment.
• An understanding and commitment to health, safety, quality and environmental aspects
• A desire to actively participate in team responsibilities and provide positive input
• A willingness to undertake competency and continuation training as determined by your own and the company’s needs.
• Proactive and flexible attitude
• Waste water knowledge
• Previous experience of working in a coaching/Mentoring role